Wednesday, June 4, 2008

All in God's Timing....

So I know I said the next post would be "Home" but I lied. That happens every now and again, I'm working on it. In the meantime, you'll have to bear with me.

If you've ever heard the saying "All in God's timing" I'm sure you're about as sick of it as I am. It always seems to be said by people who really have no idea what you're going through or how you must feel and they're just trying to get you off their back because they don't know what else to say.

Here's a good question: Why am I still single? Where is my boyfriend? When is it my turn to be in a relationship? "All in God's timing" I'm continually told. What does that mean anyway? God's outside of time, so how does He have timing? And if He is abiding to our time system, why isn't His time like my time? Maybe His watch just stopped, maybe one of those angels should help Him out.

Now being honest, I know that part of "God's timing" is me trusting that He's got it all under control and learning to be patient. I think I've been pretty patient. It's been almost 5 years since I've been in a relationship, and believe me, I'm not bitter. I guess I'm starting to get impatient with being patient. Funny how that turns out.

Lately, I've had a few brushes with God that have truly shown me how good His timing is. So, I guess for now I will just continue to wait and trust that His timeline is as mapped out as I'm told it is.

No comments: