Friday, June 13, 2008

2% for pansies

It seems this has come up quite a few times the past few months, so I thought it was worth posting about. If nothing else, you'll get a kick out of it.

I have a pretty all or nothing personality. I'm either all in or I'm all out; there's not a lot of fence-sitting when I come down to it. This can most blatantly be seen in my choice of milk. I like Skim or I like Whole. None of this 2% for pansies or anything in between. All or none. Recently, my milk choice has come up in conversations, usually revolving around my visit and what I'd prefer (although there have been those rare conversations where milk just comes up). This began the hamster wheels a-turnin' about my personality.

When I deal with issues in my life, I deal with them in one of two ways: I either confront the entire situation or I hide from the whole thing. I don't deal well in parts. In fact, I get really impatient when I deal with things in part or I only get part of the answer or can only do part of something at a time. I want it all now or I don't want any of it!

God has been using this to get me to trust Him. It works well to my advantage and then it normally backfires. I trust Him totally, so long as I can know the entire plan upfront. He's teaching me to totally trust Him with only some of the info. So far so good. Life's crazy like that.

No comments: